Updated IDs not reflect on ftp server

Discussions about syncing data via Bluetooth, Dropbox, FTP, and using CSWeb
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
mathur_rakesh

Updated IDs not reflect on ftp server

Post by mathur_rakesh »

Dear team,

While checking the data, we found that the different interviewers are entered the same IDs and data become duplicate IDs. After that interviewers corrected the duplicate IDs in their devices and sync again on the FTP server but when we download updated data from the server, the changes are not reflected in the database but in their devices, it shows ID updated. what we do. we are using CSPro 7.5 version.

Please help.

Regards,
Rakesh
Gregory Martin

Re: Updated IDs not reflect on ftp server

Post by Gregory Martin »

How exactly do you mean that the changes are not reflected? For example, if an enumerator had case A and changed the ID to C, when you download the data do see one case (A), or two cases (A+C)?
mathur_rakesh

Post by mathur_rakesh »

I only see one case A.
for example, one enumerator "Rakesh" had a household number 10 in his device and another enumerator "John" also have household number 10 in his device. now in server duplicate household number 10 exist. now the "enumerator "Rakesh" changes household number 10 into 11 and sync to updates on the FTP server but when we download the data then we found still the duplicate household number 10 (2 cases) exists and we not found household number 11 in the database. while when we check in the device then household number 11 is present.

I hope to clarify my problem.

Regards,
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

Based on your description, I would expect that you would receive the updated information. Syncing can lead to strange results when people are modifying the same case, but from your description, the enumerators are working on different cases and then modifying the IDs independently.

The way sync is supposed to work, you should end up with cases 10/11. Can you have "Rakesh" open case 11, change something (or add a note to the case), save the case, and then sync again? If it is not updated properly, you will want to look at the sync.log file that keeps track of sync actions. You can send "Rakesh"'s sync.log file to cspro@lists.census.gov and we can try to see what's happening.