Sychronizing photos

Discussions about syncing data via Bluetooth, Dropbox, FTP, and using CSWeb
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
lmoriba

Sychronizing photos

Post by lmoriba »

Dear CsPro Community,
I just concluded a project which involves collecting data with pictures. I was able to sucessfully implement peer to peer sychronization using bluetooth and also sychronize to dropbox server successfully. However, I realise photo files are send one picture at a time. This is cumbersome if you are to sychronize large number of photographs on a daily basis. Is there a way of sychronizing the photos in some compressed formats rather than sending the photos one at a time in jpg format via bluetooth or to the dropbox server.

I shall be grateful for any help as we are set for data collection.

Thanks in advance.
Gregory Martin

Re: Sychronizing photos

Post by Gregory Martin »

Unfortunately the current version of CSEntry doesn't allow you to compress images, so they will be sent at the full resolution / compression settings at which they were taken. In a future version of CSEntry we will address this.

Do you actually need to synchronize photos during data collection? Some people hold off on synchronizing large content until the end of the survey.
lmoriba

Re: Sychronizing photos

Post by lmoriba »

Thanks Gregory, I will take your suggestion, that is , hold off synchronising photos upto the end o the survey.