Cleaning the file in the server

Discussions about syncing data via Bluetooth, Dropbox, FTP, and using CSWeb
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
AriSilva

Cleaning the file in the server

Post by AriSilva »

Is there a way to clean the csdb file in the server using the syncdata?
I know I can access the server by hand, delete the dictionary and then add the dictionary again, thus cleaning the data that was there, but I would like to that by a cspro program command.
My scenario is the following:
I have a control file in the server that has one record per census tract, with the tract id and the operator id that will be working there.
In order to maintain this file in the server, I thought a pretty easy was having an excel file with this data, edit this excel file to update it by hand, execute a conversion from excel to csdb and then syndata the csdb file to the server.
It works fine at the beginning, but as soon as there is a new version of the excel file and after syncing the data, the server duplicates the records, because, apparently, the new uploaded records are not the same as the ones that were previous there. The ids are the same but the internal ids are different.
So, before doing the new upload I thought that I would need to clear the server.
Or do you have a better (and easier) solution for that?
Best
Ari
josh

Re: Cleaning the file in the server

Post by josh »

Set the "case management" option in Excel to CSPro to "modify, add, delete cases" and use the same csdb file as the output file. See the help for details https://www.csprousers.org/help/Excel2C ... excel.html.
AriSilva

Post by AriSilva »

Thanks, Josh, I think this will solve my problem for the time being.
Anyway, forgetting about the excel issue, is there a way to delete a csdb file in the server using syncing commands in a batch file?
Best
Ari
josh

Post by josh »

Not from CSPro logic, no.