Converting excel files

Discussions about syncing data via Bluetooth, Dropbox, FTP, and using CSWeb
AriSilva

Converting excel files

Post by AriSilva »

The reason I´ve chosen the synchronization topic to post this issue is that I´m not sure if the problem is in the conversion of the excel file or when downloading the csdb from the server.
I have an excel file which I convert to a csdb file. And this is working fine, the csdb is OK.
I synchronize this file to the server, it seems to be OK.
When I download the file back to my computer, one of the numeric field changes its values, sometimes having a negative value.
I attached the following in the zip file:
COVID_PB_11_CPFs_Setor.xlsx - excel source file
COVID_PB_11_Conversao_CPFs_Setor.xl2cs - the excel conversion utility
COVID_PB_11_Conversao_CPFs_Setor.pff - to execute the conversion
COVID_PB_11_CPFs_Setor.csdb - the result of the conversion
COVID_PB_11_CPFs_Setor_Back.csdb - the same file after a put to the server and a get
See the CS01_CPF fields with negative values.
I´m not sure if this is a problem of the csweb75 or not, because it seemed to be working fine before we migrated from the csweb74 to 75.
I´m thinking about using a char variable instead of the numeric to avoid this problem.
Attachments
conversion.zip
(30.29 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
Best
Ari
AriSilva

Re: Converting excel files

Post by AriSilva »

Apparently it does not have anything to do with the file coming from Excel, because I´ve tested generating the field directly.
I´ve tested also with a previous csweb7.4 version that I had, and it was working.
I do not know why, but is there a new size limit for numeric variables in the csweb7.5?
Best
Ari
savy

Re: Converting excel files

Post by savy »

Thanks for reporting the problem. We are able to reproduce the problem and will fix it in the next patch release. Your workaround is to either change the item to Alpha, or use 7.4 version.