CSWeb failure with RFC3339 and CSPro is thinking that all is ok

Discussions about syncing data via Bluetooth, Dropbox, FTP, and using CSWeb
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
lestcape

CSWeb failure with RFC3339 and CSPro is thinking that all is ok

Post by lestcape »

We are using CSPro/CSWeb 7.4 but CSWeb have a problem to check the schema format of the json that CSPro is sending to the server. Exactly the problem occurs checking the date-time format Rfc3339 of the interview notes.

We temporary fixed the problem commenting the related code in CSWeb:

Code: Select all

case 'date-time':
                //if (null === Rfc3339::createFromString($element)) {
                //    $this->addError($path, sprintf('Invalid date-time %s, expected format YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ssZ or YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ss+hh:mm', json_encode($element)), 'format', array('format' => $schema->format));
                //}
                break;
But when the problem occurs in CSWeb, an Exception is throw and all cases after the offending case was not process in the server. This can be understand, but the problem, is that CSPro now is thinking that CSWeb have that cases when really he don' t have them.

To be worse to us, like we not let to modify a case when is finished, the interviewer can not touch this cases now and them they can not be marked as modified to be sended again.

Question: How we can resolve that situation that we have?

A CSPro bug that we think need a fix:
CSPro need to be improved to the point it detect the problem in CSWeb and avoid to mark the cases as send when they was not really save in CSWeb.
josh

Re: CSWeb failure with RFC3339 and CSPro is thinking that all is ok

Post by josh »

Do you have the sync.log file from the client and the api.log from the server that you could post or send us? That will help us understand the error. Normally when a synchronization fails CSPro does not mark the cases as already synced so there is something wrong going on here. Hopefully the log files will help diagnose the problem.
lestcape

Post by lestcape »

Thanks again @josh, unfortunate we have not contact with the client and they have not the training to extract the info by himself. The client are in all states of the Mexican countries and this is exactly the problem that we have. If we can access to the client, we can fix the problem, but we have not access to hims.

We fail to not create a procedure to re-active a case again at our choice from the distance sending on the sync mechanism a list of cases to be re-activated.

I can shared with you the api.log that we have today, but i need your email (my email: lestcape@gmail.com), because you are writing the users and the passwords of CSWeb to the API log (Upsss :lol: ) i n a debug mode:
[2020-07-26 12:28:39] app.DEBUG: validating user AppBundle\CSPro\User\User Object ( ... )
There are several problems in the logs, but i fixed most of then on CSWeb. So, server side is not a problem to us really, client is the problem because is not open source and we have not access to the client.
josh

Post by josh »

You can email me at cspro@lists.census.gov