Synchronize updates if there is novelties on the server

Discussions about syncing data via Bluetooth, Dropbox, FTP, and using CSWeb
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
Boni

Synchronize updates if there is novelties on the server

Post by Boni »

Hi CSPro Team !!!!

For my project, I want to combine data synchronization on Dropbox and updates download functions. The problem is, each time the interviewer synchronize data, the program downloads the applications from server as if there is a change on these applications.

So, I would like to know how to write the program so that it checks on the server, if the applications have been changed compared to the applications on the Tablet before downloading updates, if not synchronize only the data and then exit ?

Thanks you.
Sincerely yours !
josh

Re: Synchronize updates if there is novelties on the server

Post by josh »

In CSPro 7.4 you can use the syncapp() (https://www.csprousers.org/help/CSPro/s ... ction.html) function to update the application from the server only when it has changed. Note that it will show a message that it is connecting to the server and getting the application but if the application has not changed on the server then all it is doing is checking to see if the server has an update. It does not download anything that is not new.

In earlier versions of CSPro if you are using syncfile() to download the application files (pen and pff) they also only download the files if the server version is different from the local version. As with the above, it does show a message that it is getting the files but it is only checking to see if they are different.
Boni

Post by Boni »

Thank you mister Josh !!

I just tried the syncApp function, I can't do it. I put my application packages installed with Deploy Applications tool on Dropbox, I also copies the same file deployed on my mobile device. when i try to synchronize to download updates, I'm recovering this message
Attachments
Screenshot_20200531-110922.png
Screenshot_20200531-110922.png (45.64 KiB) Viewed 3671 times
Sincerely yours !
Boni

Post by Boni »

Boni wrote: May 31st, 2020, 6:37 am Thank you mister Josh !!

I just tried the syncApp function, I can't do it. I put my application packages installed with Deploy Applications tool on Dropbox, I also copies the same file deployed on my mobile device. when i try to synchronize to download updates, I'm recovering this message
I realized that I had not correctly deployed the application. Instead of deploying to the server over the Internet, I did it locally and I loaded the folder obtained on the server.

But my problem is still not set. Trying to deploy the application on server over the internet, it doesn't work, I get this message. I don't understand anything.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (29.57 KiB) Viewed 3663 times
Sincerely yours !
josh

Post by josh »

Please check in the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\CSPro 7.4 to see if you can find the file DropboxAuth.exe. If it is not there that would explain the error you are getting. If it is not there please check if your antivirus program might have removed the file or placed it in a quarentine. If the file is there please try running it by double clicking on it. If it runs it should launch the web browser and show the Dropbox login. If it does not please let us know if you get any errors.
Boni

Post by Boni »

The file exists in the specified folder. When I try running it by double clicking, it doesn't run to launch the web browser, I rather receive failure message.
Thanks.
Attachments
dropb.PNG
dropb.PNG (90.47 KiB) Viewed 3631 times
Sincerely yours !
josh

Post by josh »

The error message in the back is the one that might be useful. Can you move the front dialog box out of the way and post the screenshot of the error message in the back?

Also what version of Windows are you using? What is your default web browser?

Finally, make sure that you have a recent version of the .NET framework. Version 4.7.2 or above. You can download installers from https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-framework
Boni

Post by Boni »

Dear Josh ! It works now, it was the web browser problem, if not, I have version 4.8 of .NET framework.
Thank you very much.

I sent you a project by email, for another problem. Thanks to look over the project.
Sincerely yours !
josh

Post by josh »

Glad to hear it is working. What did you do to fix the problem with the web browser? That will help anyone else who encounters the same error.
Boni

Post by Boni »

As you suggested, I checked my default web browser, it was "Internet Explorer" which was saved as default web browser, so I changed it by "Google Chrome". It work correctly now. Thanks
Sincerely yours !