Synchronization with different csentry versions (7.2 and 7.3)

Discussions about syncing data via Bluetooth, Dropbox, FTP, and using CSWeb
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
munirmdee1

Synchronization with different csentry versions (7.2 and 7.3)

Post by munirmdee1 »

Hi CSPro users,

I have a little concern here, need help only to understand and if there is something I can do.
I installed csentry 7.2 in some tablets (android devices), and they are doing collection and synchronize successful. Now I need to install the same csentry 7.2 to new tablets (android devices), but I can not find it in Play Store, there is 7.3 which was recently announced by US Census Bureau. Now my question is, can I install 7.3 version to these new tablets and still synchronize to the save server/dropbox?

If I can do it, is there anything to be done? And if not, what can I do to solve this, because some Interviewers are already in the field interviewing with 7.2 and they have already synchronized the data?

Help please, thanks
Munir Mdee
Software Programmer
National Bureau of Statistic (NBS)
Jakaya Kikwete Road,
P.O.Box 2683,
Dodoma,TANZANIA
Mob: +255 755 740090
Email: munir.mdee@nbs.go.tz
munirmdee@gmail.com
aaronw

Re: Synchronization with different csentry versions (7.2 and 7.3)

Post by aaronw »

If the tablets in the field are synchronizing over the internet and you have not disabled automatic updates then those devices may already be running 7.3. I would double check those devices and see what version is currently installed. If they updated and you're not seeing issues in the field then I would continue forward with 7.3 on all devices.

On the other hand, if automatic updates are disabled and all tablets are running 7.2 then send us an email at cspro@lists.census.gov and let me know the version of CSEntry 7.2.x you are running. I'll get you the APK since you're already in the field.
munirmdee1

Post by munirmdee1 »

I have already sent an email to the email address you gave me. But still I need to ask, if I leave some using 7.3 and other 7.2.1, can all synchronize to the same server/dropbox/csweb?
Munir Mdee
Software Programmer
National Bureau of Statistic (NBS)
Jakaya Kikwete Road,
P.O.Box 2683,
Dodoma,TANZANIA
Mob: +255 755 740090
Email: munir.mdee@nbs.go.tz
munirmdee@gmail.com
aaronw

Post by aaronw »

With CSEntry 7.2 and 7.3 (10 Sept 2019) installed on devices and the PEN published with CSPro 7.2 I don't foresee any issues.