Sync button/icon not appearing CS Webserver

Discussions about syncing data via Bluetooth, Dropbox, FTP, and using CSWeb
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
Jorun

Sync button/icon not appearing CS Webserver

Post by Jorun »

Hi!

We have just started using CSPro and successfully managed to get it working and syncing with a CS Webserver.

After piloting, a few changes had to be made to the survey and having deployed the updated survey there is now no sync icon/button appearing for this version of the survey on the android device in CSEntry!

I tried deploying the survey again and this did not solve the issue, I have also checked the pathway to the webserver which is correct.

I can of course go back and recreate the forms from the dictionary etc. (recreating the survey) to see if this solves the issue, however I am wary of doing this as a number of surveys were completed (but not uploaded as no sync icon was available) as we are currently implementing the survey. If I went back to recreate the form, would this mean these survey answers could no longer be uploaded/would disappear? We don't want to lose that data.

Any advise is much appreciated.
/Jorun
josh

Re: Sync button/icon not appearing CS Webserver

Post by josh »

Make sure that you have selected CSWeb in the synchronization options dialog in your application and that you have entered the url for the CSWeb server. That is all that is required for the sync icon to appear.
Jorun

Re: Sync button/icon not appearing CS Webserver- Same issue AGAIN

Post by Jorun »

Hi!

Eventually I got the icon to appear for the survey I was working on and we could get it working. However, I could never identify why it suddenly after all different attempts worked.

I am now trying to deploy the second survey we are using and am facing the same problem. :cry: I would be happy to share all files and the path to our csweb server so that someone could test on your side.

The survey is deployed successfully, it appears on the csweb server, however when you download the application to a tablet or phone no sync icon/button appears and thus no cases can be uploaded to the server!

I would really appreciate any assistance.
Jorun

Re: Sync button/icon not appearing CS Webserver

Post by Jorun »

Solved!
The information entered under synchronization under options was not correct.

/Jorun