Working with .csdb and Dropbox

Discussions about creating CAPI applications to run on Android devices
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
chirawat

Working with .csdb and Dropbox

Post by chirawat »

Dear CSPro team,

I am planning to conduct a CAPI survey with approximately 60,000 households.
The number of supervisors arounds 80-100 and the number of interviewers arounds 250-300.
The questionnaire is one level (household level, with no individual level).

My concerns include:
- Is it possible to use only single .csdb data file (main data file and other lookup files)?
In other word, any limitation regarding file size, number of cases (rows/records), etc.
- Any further recommendations if I use Dropbox (either Basic or Plus).

Thank you in advance
sherrell

Re: Working with .csdb and Dropbox

Post by sherrell »

> Is it possible to use only single .csdb data file (main data file and other lookup files)?
> In other word, any limitation regarding file size, number of cases (rows/records), etc.

CSPro does not impose any size limitations that you would run into. As for lookup files, it would be difficult to bundle lookup files with the main datafile, and so each should be kept separate from the other. Is there a reason you want to put them in the same CSDB?

> Any further recommendations if I use Dropbox (either Basic or Plus).

There is a 2GB file size limitation with Basic, so that should be plenty. Many of our users use dropbox. In case you see anything about dropbox limitations on the # of users, you should read this: https://www.csprousers.org/forum/viewto ... 23&p=10654

Sherrell
chirawat

Re: Working with .csdb and Dropbox

Post by chirawat »

Dear Sherrell,

Thank you for your suggestions. As you mentioned, single CSDB would be difficult to implement.
I will keep them separate.