Dataviewer-like application in Android

Discussions about creating CAPI applications to run on Android devices
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
AriSilva

Dataviewer-like application in Android

Post by AriSilva »

I´m looking for a way for the supervisors (and maybe also the interviewers themselves) look at the questionnaires without modifying them.
What we are doing so far is to use the same data entry application for the them to browse the questionnaires, but this approach is no good for several reasons.
One of the alternatives might be to write the same application without the saving commands, but this would force to maintain two very similar applications.
Do you happen to know of any other alternative that could be used to navigate through the database in the table?
Best
Ari
Best
Ari
sherrell

Re: Dataviewer-like application in Android

Post by sherrell »

Hi Ari,

Unfortunately, there is currently nothing within the CSPro realm that allows you to view the data on an Android device.

However, this is something we have in the works for a release later next year. Stay tuned!

Sherrell
jodapecol

Post by jodapecol »

Good morning everyone.
The solution that we implement in office is to make a visualizer in html, using the scripts that can be made, taking as an example the templates that the CSPRO has. and it is wonderful. It is as if they have a questionnaire on paper. Depending on the type of questionnaire and its complexity, it takes a bit of work to do it at the beginning, then it becomes easier to do them for other surveys.
htuser

Post by htuser »

Hi Ary,
I'm using this way since 2015 with Josh's help. In the menu, please give supervisors a way to view all questionnaires.
In the attached example, you'll see that all PII (personally identifiable information's) are not visible. So supervisors can't disseminate identifiable private information's. By this way, we also give enumerators to review questionnaire data in a fashion manner.
Finally we sent all questionnaires live to concerned people, so electronic survey isn't a black box to them. For theses who're nostalgic of paper census and survey, we give them a way to print questionnaire and having paper copy.

So, we don't need any data viewer in Android.
Best
Attachments
%lsvDELOREnorce 36437.zip
Filled electronic questionnaire
(12.39 KiB) Downloaded 248 times
G.VOLNY, a CSProuser from Haiti, since 2004
AriSilva

Post by AriSilva »

Hi,
Thank you for the availability of your solution.
I´ve already downloaded it, and I´ll have a look to see if it fits our needs.
Thanks again.
Best
Ari