Android 11 not compatible with CSEntry 7.6.2

Discussions about creating CAPI applications to run on Android devices
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
muhaliraza

Re: Android 11 not compatible with CSEntry 7.6.2

Post by muhaliraza »

Hi Sherrell,
The app is working fine on almost every device. But I have 4 devices on which I am unable to add any application using dropbox. I also noticed on these devised I also unable to add sample capi application
Screenshot_20210923-023704_CSEntry.jpg
Screenshot_20210923-023704_CSEntry.jpg (222.29 KiB) Viewed 5573 times
sherrell

Post by sherrell »

Maybe the guys can shed some light on this tomorrow, but in the interim, if you haven't already done so, could you uninstall CSEntry from one of the devices and reinstall it, and see if it allows the Simple CAPI app to install?

If not, could you let us know what devices are failing? (i.e., model)

Thanks,
Sherrell
zacheryurueta

Post by zacheryurueta »

I've known about this for a long time. Most likely, in such cases, you should go back to an older version of Android or upgrade to the newest version of Android. I did this several times when the programs I needed stopped working or couldn't export some important data immediately to a file sharing service. Once I accidentally deleted all my files altogether when I reset the android settings to the phone's factory settings. Only ANDROID DATA RECOVERY saved me from being quickly fired for not completing the project. Oh, yes, then I almost gave up the ghost from fear for my salary and position.
Last edited by zacheryurueta on March 9th, 2022, 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
aaronw

Post by aaronw »

I hope this blog post will shed some light on these upgrade issues when using Android 11: https://www.csprousers.org/posts/2021-0 ... id-os.html