Playing audio

Discussions about creating CAPI applications to run on Android devices
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
Mariovaisman

Playing audio

Post by Mariovaisman »

Hello,

I was testing the object and it works properly, however there is a question about playing audio.

I see that when the audio is playing it is in the front of the screen, means you see that if you want to play you have to tap on the play button, and at that time you cannot see the question screen.

Is it possible to play the audio automatically in background without tapping the buttom to start and see the question with the options at the same time.

Thanks

Mario
aaronw

Re: Playing audio

Post by aaronw »

That's not currently possible. However, I can see the utility of what you're suggesting. Are you making all or part of the survey self interviewing?
htuser

Post by htuser »

Dear Aaron,
I'm very happy that you already see the potential of playing audio in the background.
1.- Right now, with CAPI, for harmonizing how some difficult questions are administered;
2.- In the future, mainly for CAWI self administration.
Best
G.VOLNY, a CSProuser from Haiti, since 2004
Mariovaisman

Post by Mariovaisman »

Thank you for your responses.

This is for a survey that has to be respond by the respondent, and most of the times, the respondent doesn't know much about the smartphone, the options to respond the questions are with pictures, and it is not a good choice when you want to play the question or repeat it again, that the respondent has to press the start buttom, and see the playing screen, that is not useful, it is important to see the options when the respondent is hearing the question.

Thanks

Mario
aaronw

Post by aaronw »

Makes sense. I'll pass that information on, thanks.