using qrcode to install the application

Discussions about creating CAPI applications to run on Android devices
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
AriSilva

using qrcode to install the application

Post by AriSilva »

Hi folks,
I did not understand how to use the qrcode to install an application in the tablets, in spite of all the explanation in the help.
Starting with the deploy, I´ve clicked in the qrcode, it showed the qrcode, and then it says to scan the qrcode or to save or print it.
I´ve saved it to a file in my computer, but I do not know what to do with that save picture. The help says that I can also scan the qrcode with the camera in the tablet, but I still do not know what to do with that.
Then I deployed the application.
In the tablet, when choosing a new application and choosing the qrcode option, it opens the camera to capture the qrcode, but no qrcode appears for me to capture.
Am I missing a step here or what? How the qrcode from the computer is transferred to the tablet in order for it to be captured?
Best
Ari
Gregory Martin

Re: using qrcode to install the application

Post by Gregory Martin »

Generally you would use the QR code in one of two ways:
  • Showing the QR code on an overhead projector and having people in a training workshop use it to install their application.
  • Printing the QR code in training materials.
So there is no reason to save the QR code and transfer it to the tablets. After all, if you have access to the tablets, you could install the applications directly instead of using the QR code.

The QR code is simply available as a way for enumerators to install an application without having to type a long URL and optional username/password.
blumski

Re: using qrcode to install the application

Post by blumski »

After clicking the " Add application " option then " Qr code" option, it opens the camera allowing yo to scan the Qr code picture that you saved in your computer.

Steps :
- Open the saved qr code in your computer as a picture
- Scan it with your tablet
- Then you'll get the application in the tablet.