create cati system using cspro capi

Discussions about creating CAPI applications to run on Android devices
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
xcode

create cati system using cspro capi

Post by xcode »

i want to create a questionnaire using cs-pro and use it in an android tap i need to know how to add tel file contain all respondent telephone numbers and let the interviewer select random telephone from that file and then start the interview.
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (1.88 KiB) Viewed 4492 times
Gregory Martin

Re: create cati system using cspro capi

Post by Gregory Martin »

I suggest that you look at Session 6 of the training materials: https://www.csprousers.org/resources/CS ... rkshop.pdf

This will show you how to create a lookup file--in your case, of telephone numbers--and how to work with such external data files.
xcode

Post by xcode »

thanks Mr. Gregory Martin
Boni

Post by Boni »

Hello Dear members of CSPRO users forum !!

I have a problem with "lookup" files on CSPro 7.4 (beta).
I work on a collection project organized by clusters. The differents files : S01, S02, ..., S00n, containing respectively household identification informations of the clusters 1, 2, ..., n are copied on the collection devices. Objective is to pre-fill the household informations contained in the "Lookup" files S01, S02 ..., when we release Household data collection from Menu application.

My problem now, is to be able to load the file corresponding to each time the cluster number is changed in Menu on CSPro7.4. It work properly on the version 7.3 with "setfile fonction".

I had this same problem on Android when I was working on version 7.0, but as soon as I started with version 7.3, I had no problem on this subject before I come back to version 7.4. I really do not know where the problem is.

I have already read the training file on "Mobile Data Collection Using CSPro". This is to use the "lookup" file for a verification. I also consulted examples of CSPro 7.3 and 7.4 as well as CSPro Help.

The difference between the example I saw and my case is that I have several "lookup" files that are loaded according to whether you want to work on the corresponding cluster, while there is a "lookup" file (sample.csdb) that was used in the example, so no need to use the function setfile or another to load it.

NB:
My system consists of several applications with attached files that contain personal and other information, so I am not allowed to share these applications.
Sincerely yours !
josh

Post by josh »

Next time please to a new topic. Your question is not related to this topic.

It is hard to say what the problem could be without seeing your application. Perhaps you could send it to us at cspro@lists.census.gov. You could create some dummy data to avoid sending confidential information. If not, at least show the code that calls setfile.
Boni

Post by Boni »

I'm sorry! I was doing the relation with this topic.

I will try to do like that, as you suggested, and I would come back.But in the meantime, here are my logics.

I hope you could help me with that.Really thank you to you! :D
Attachments
Image1.PNG
Image1.PNG (24.77 KiB) Viewed 4381 times
Image2.PNG
Image2.PNG (22.21 KiB) Viewed 4381 times
Image3.PNG
Image3.PNG (46.51 KiB) Viewed 4381 times
Sincerely yours !
josh

Post by josh »

Try removing the open and close calls. If you are using csdb files you don't need to close them and open again when you launch other applications. Simply use setfile() when you need to change which file the dictionary is pointing to. It is possible that if you call close on the dictionary twice without opening in between that CSPro clears the saved filename and when you try to open it again it won't know what file to open.
Boni

Post by Boni »

it's incredible !!!
When I removed the "Open" and "Close", it works fine.
sincerely, thank you to you
Sincerely yours !