Image files for value sets don't show on tablet when copied from dropbox

Discussions about creating CAPI applications to run on Android devices
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
Kristian Lønø

Image files for value sets don't show on tablet when copied from dropbox

Post by Kristian Lønø »

Hi.

I have an application where I need to show images as part of a valueset. It works fine on my computer and when I copy to the tablet with usb cable. However, when I copy by using Dropbox the Images don't show. I have made an example application which is attached in two ways. One is copied with USB cable (popstan) and the other one (census test) is copied with dropbox. The images appear on the tablet in Popstan but not in Census test Can you check these applications to see what is wrong when distributing by Dropbox?

I use Cspro version 7.3.0. We use Huawei MediaPad T37 with Android 6.0.

Best regards,

Kristian Lønø,
Statistics Norway
Attachments
Popstan.zip
Copied to tablet with USB cable
(1.03 MiB) Downloaded 194 times
census test.zip
Copied to tablet with Dropbox
(1.03 MiB) Downloaded 183 times
josh

Re: Image files for value sets don't show on tablet when copied from dropbox

Post by josh »

This appears to be a bug in CSPro where the paths to the images are not saved correctly in the pen file when it is generated from CSDeploy. We will fix it for the next release.
Kristian Lønø

Post by Kristian Lønø »

Do you know when the next release will be published? In the meantime, can you suggest any quickfix (via Dropbox)?
josh

Post by josh »

The next release will most likely be later this year.

Unfortunately I don't have an easy workaround for you. I suppose you could do an initial Dropbox deploy and then publish the pen file from CSPro designer instead of in the deploy tool. Then on a PC go into the Dropbox, find the zip file that CSDeploy uploaded and replace the pen file in that zip file with the one you created and put the modified zip file back in the Dropbox in the same place. That should work.