FTPListParse Exception

Discussions about creating CAPI applications to run on Android devices
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
Bhupender11

FTPListParse Exception

Post by Bhupender11 »

Dear CSPro Users,

When I connecting to the FTP server through mobile then it shows "FTPListParse Exception".
What does it means and how we can resolve it?

Thanks in advance.
josh

Re: FTPListParse Exception

Post by josh »

That is an error we have not seen before. After connecting to the server CSPro asks the FTP server for the list of files. This error occurs when trying to read the list that was returned by the server. So it seems that the format of the list is not in the standard format for FTP that we expect. It is also possible that there was a connection error and that the server is returning an error message instead of the file listing. I have seen some FTP servers that do not give an error when connecting, for example if the username/password is incorrect but then they give an error when you try to list the files.

Can you send the sync.log file from the mobile device? Also which FTP server software and version are you using - FileZilla, pureftpd, IIS... ?
Bhupender11

Post by Bhupender11 »

Dear Josh,

Same error is coming again in one of the tablet. I am attahing sync.log file for the same.

It is not syncronizing the software but shows error there.
I am using filezilla.
Attachments
sync.log
(1.6 KiB) Downloaded 235 times
josh

Post by josh »

Based on the fact that before the FTPListParseException you got a host not found error this looks like a problem with the network connection of the tablet.
Bhupender11

Post by Bhupender11 »

Thankyou
Eohmer

Post by Eohmer »

josh wrote: May 21st, 2019, 4:35 am That is an error we have not seen before. After connecting to the server CSPro asks the FTP server for the list of files. This error occurs when trying to read the list that was returned by the server. So it seems that the format of the list is not in the standard format for FTP that we expect. It is also possible that there was a connection error and that the server is returning an error message instead of the file listing. I have seen some FTP servers that do not give an error when connecting, for example if the username/password is incorrect but then they give an error when you try to list the files.

Can you send the sync.log file from the mobile device? Also which FTP server software and version are you using - FileZilla, pureftpd, IIS... ?
Hi, Josh.

I'm having this same error with some tablets and some phones.
What's the format for FTP that the csentry app would expect? So I can try to change it in FileZilla and see if work by doing so.
josh

Post by josh »

Like I said in the earlier post, the most likely is that there are problems with the network. The first thing that CSEntry tries to do when connecting to the FTP server after logging in is to get a directory listing. This can fail if you lose the network connection soon after you login. The sync.log might have more info that would help.