data lost in modify mode

Discussions about creating CAPI applications to run on Android devices
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
groverlynn

data lost in modify mode

Post by groverlynn »

In my program, after I save a case and open to modify it again (through a menu program by invoking .pff files with modify mode), the data in check-boxes and rosters are lost. All other data are all fine. Can anyone tell me how to solve this?
aaronw

Re: data lost in modify mode

Post by aaronw »

Is it possible your dictionary changed from the time you collected data to the time you opened the data in modify mode? I would take a close look at your data and current dictionary.
groverlynn

Post by groverlynn »

aaronw wrote:Is it possible your dictionary changed from the time you collected data to the time you opened the data in modify mode? I would take a close look at your data and current dictionary.
That's impossible. I open it in modify mode right after I save the case. Nothing's changed in the dictionary. Also, it only happens with rosters and check-box questions, but not other type of questions at all.
aaronw

Post by aaronw »

Can you send me the application and partially saved data (before it's missing) to cspro@lists.census.gov?
aaronw

Post by aaronw »

I'll take a look at it if you send the application, dummy data (before data is missing), and instructions to reproduce the issue.