CSEntry doesn't run without Google Play services

Discussions about creating CAPI applications to run on Android devices
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
htuser

CSEntry doesn't run without Google Play services

Post by htuser »

Dear CSPro Developer Team,
I'm testing a CSEntry APK on the newly released Windows Subsystem for Android. However, it display this message when trying installing an app using barcode:
ErrCSEntry.jpg
ErrCSEntry.jpg (90.1 KiB) Viewed 2310 times
I undestand the root of this issue since, Greg informed us months ago, that CSEntry depend on some Google Play libraries to run very well...

Please, can't you embed all required codes for running it everywhere?

As you can easily think it, with Windows Subsystem for Android, it's more easy to any CSEntry applications developer to test on desktop.

Thanks in advance for considering my suggestion.
G.VOLNY, a CSProuser from Haiti, since 2004
Gregory Martin

Re: CSEntry doesn't run without Google Play services

Post by Gregory Martin »

You are doing more cutting edge stuff than us. :) For now you can try to use this: https://github.com/ADeltaX/WSAGAScript

After the CSPro 7.7 release, we'll likely upgrade to Visual Studio 2022 and try to get the CSEntry app working on Windows.
htuser

Re: CSEntry doesn't run without Google Play services

Post by htuser »

Ah... :D .. I'm working with CSPro, so, depends on your cutting edge implementations features and improvements in CSPro. So behind you!
Very good news for Visual Studio 2022. Emscripten...CSPro.js/CSPro.wasm...CAWI...Multiple questions per screen on Android...Standalone CSPro apps.
Yes, the way you're developing CSPro let me think that CSProusers can hope for a brighter future.
Thanks for the link. I'll try to add Google Play to WSA.
Best
G.VOLNY, a CSProuser from Haiti, since 2004