DataEntryIDs can only be numeric?

Discussions about CSEntry
uri

DataEntryIDs can only be numeric?

Post by uri »

Hi,

I'm trying to set some default persistent field values using the [DataEntryIDs] section of the .pff file, and can't seem to do that for alpha fields. Does this only works with numeric fields?

Thanks.
Gregory Martin

Re: DataEntryIDs can only be numeric?

Post by Gregory Martin »

ID fields can be alpha, and alpha ID fields can be persistent. You must have at least one ID that isn't persistent. I just tested setting the parameters in the DataEntryIDs section and for me it works with both alpha and numeric fields, so perhaps there is something else wrong with your application.
Ayanaw

Re: DataEntryIDs can only be numeric?

Post by Ayanaw »

Hi

Recently, I have developed data entry application using CSPro 6.1 by adding Lookup functionality to the geographic codes and QID (Questionnaire ID, Region, Zone, District, Kebele, and EA). QID uniquely identifies each case or questionnaire but since we sampled 26 respondents per EA the codes from Region to EA is the same for a particular EA. Having this in mind, I set the fields from Region to EA to Persistent. The problem arises when we wanted to change some of the geocodes after keying the first 26 filled in questionnaires collected from an EA - it couldn't allow us to change/update the first set of values for these persistent fields. Here is the code that I have employed for the lookup file:

PROC EA

WQID=QID;
WREGION=REGION;
WZONE=ZONE;
WWOREDA=WOREDA;
WKEBELE=KEBELE;
WEA=EA;

if not loadcase(GEOCODESWID_DICT, WQID, WREGION, WZONE, WWOREDA, WKEBELE, WEA) then
errmsg ("The Area code:Region-EA and QID not in Lookup file.");
reenter QID;
endif;

Persistent fields: REGION, ZONE, WOREDA, KEBELE, EA

Can anyone help me to sort-out this problem?

Thanks,
Ayanaw