New release: CSPro 8.0
rashadhamed

Data Entry in Windows 8

Post by rashadhamed »

Is CSPro data entry can run in windows 8 computers
Gregory Martin

Re: Data Entry in Windows 8

Post by Gregory Martin »

There are two versions of Windows 8: Windows 8 and WIndows RT. CSPro will run on Windows 8, but will not run on Windows RT. We have heard reports from some users running CSPro on WIndows 8 who encounter bugs, but we haven't had a chance to look into all of the problems yet. We will be doing this over the course of the next week, and if there are any problems we will put out a new release soon to address the problems.
rashadhamed

Post by rashadhamed »

Batch edit applications and all tools are working fine on windows 8. But Data entry applications has some bugs. The problem is in the form specification module.
Anne

Post by Anne »

I have big problems getting CSPro to work at all on my Win 8 Enterprise evaluation edition: Entry crashes the moment I try to open it, while CSPro crashes if I choose to make a new data entry application or try to open one of the applications in the example folder.

It does not crash if I try to make a new batch application, but for the time being, I don't really need to make a batch edit application ;)

Is a fix on it's way some time soon?

Anne
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

We've fixed the bugs related to Windows 8 (or so we think). You can get a temporary beta 5.0.2 build here:

http://www.csprousers.org/beta/

We'll hopefully put out the official 5.0.2 release in December.
REXON FERNANDO

Post by REXON FERNANDO »

Beta version 5.0.2 is working well with windows 8. No issues for the past 2 days.
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

Thanks for the report, Fernando.