How to save a survey during entry

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
Benjamin1987

How to save a survey during entry

Post by Benjamin1987 »

Dear people,

Thank you in the first place for the forum, it has helped me a lot! I have two questions though of which I hope you can help me finding an answer:

- How can I save a survey during entry session? Sometimes I have to stop entering data for some urgent reason and then I want to save the survey and continue for instance the next day with the same survey.
- Secondly, i get an error message and I don't know what I did wrong. This is what the message said: "A 1010 Application error: Protected field FBHS_PLOT_ID2 out of range - value is NOTAPPL" after that I get a message: "implement cleanup"

I hope you can help me out. I am most certainly not a pro, but I want to learn! Thanks!
khurshid.arshad

Re: How to save a survey during entry

Post by khurshid.arshad »

Dear

First error
Go Form design layout and then select "OPTIONS" from top menu and then click "DATA ENTRY" over here you will find "ALL PARTIAL SAVE". Select this option.

Second error.

Please see your value range.
regards.
arshad
Attachments
Presentation101.pptx
(774 KiB) Downloaded 446 times
Gregory Martin

Re: How to save a survey during entry

Post by Gregory Martin »

Yes, to follow up on Arshad's comments:

1) If you select "Allow partial save," the keyer will be able to manually save the case by selecting the appropriate option from CSEntry's File menu. Alternatively, you can use logic to save the questionnaire by using the savepartial function. Sometimes, for long surveys, it is a good idea to put in automatic partial saves, just in case you lose power or something else goes wrong with the computer.

2) A protected field must have a proper value that is in the value set. If you want to allow the field to have blank values, then you have to specify that in logic (for system controlled mode) or in the value set (for operator controlled mode). Most likely, however, you don't want blank values, so in the preproc for the protected field, you should assign a proper value.