Short way :)

Discussions about CSEntry

Short way :)

Post by Guest »

Hi there,

There is a way to generate a form from a word file??? For example, i have the questionnaire in a word file, but i do not have time for building the form manually, there is a way or a script so you can set the word file like e source a the CsPro generate by itself the dictionary and the form.

Have a nice day.
Florian.
Gregory Martin

Re: Short way :)

Post by Gregory Martin »

I wish! Other people have requested that CSPro forms could be exported to Word format, but I haven't heard the opposite (your request). This is theoretically possible, as you could parse the .docx file and then write out the proper syntax to generate a .fmf form file and the .dcf dictionary file, but ultimately your Word file would have to be formatted in such a precise way to indicate what were fields, what the names and labels and size of the fields should be, and how many occurrences of the records should occur. This would be very challenging to do well, which might explain why there's no tool to do it!

Post by Guest »

Hi Gregory,

Thank you for you help, can you please post a simple sample of a word formatted and of the script????

Have a nice day.
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

Ah, perhaps I was not clear in my initial email. I'm saying that it's technically possible (feasible), but that on one has written the tools to do something like this. It would be a task that would take several weeks to do correctly.

If you're a programmer, perhaps you can write the script and share it with us! :D

Post by Guest »

:p No, i am not a programmer :p

Anyway thank you very much for you support :)