How many times can CSPRO read system time for one application

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
lmoriba

How many times can CSPRO read system time for one application

Post by lmoriba »

Family,
I developed a cspro application for my survey. I used systime to calculate interview start time and end time. And is already working fine. I now want to automatically read time before filling a roster and another time after completing the roster.
I used:
Preproc
If visualvalue($) =notappl then
Vc89a = systime("HHMM");
Endif;
The program gave me error.
So, can anyone kindly help me read time before I administer a roster and time after I had administered the roster.

Thanks in advance
sherrell

Re: How many times can CSPRO read system time for one application

Post by sherrell »

Code: Select all

Vc89a = systime("HHMM");
>The program gave me error.

What kind of error, compile or run-time?
What is vc89a? A dictionary or user-declared variable? Is it numeric? (which it should be, per the return type for systime).

If you are still having problems, please zip up and post your program.

By the way, if you are writing .csdb data files, the paradata that is collected with each case is pretty extensive, so you could use that data, rather than adding logic to your program to collect this info.

https://www.csprousers.org/help/CSPro/paradata.html

Thanks
Sherrell
lmoriba

Re: How many times can CSPRO read system time for one application

Post by lmoriba »

Dear sherrell,

Many thanks for your reply. My Sincere apologies for the delay in replying to you. I lost the password to my account. I managed to solve my problem. CSPRO can read system time within the same application as many times as you would like. This I found out.

I used VC88a and VC88b are sub Items of a variable VC88 used in the application. But I used VC88a and VC88b in systime calculations when I should have used the item variable VC88.
So thanks once again. :D