If you change a response back to No, the roster table still record it as a case(Memory of yes still remain unchanged

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
sham

If you change a response back to No, the roster table still record it as a case(Memory of yes still remain unchanged

Post by sham »

Hi @Sherrell and Family,
This is a fellow up to the logic you assisted few days ago,
The problem has to do with the relationship between NEW_KIDS and SEC2B_FORM and SEC3000 variable names
If and enumerator respond yes to NEW_KIDS and capture newborn child/children name in SEC2B_FORM and moved in to roaster SEC3000, and realized that it was mistake and went back to change the answer in NEW_KIDS as No, if you get to roaster SEC3000 you still see that name pop-up in the roaster meanwhile you clear the names from the new child roaster.

I have changed from operator to system control but it still did not resolve the issue....
Any help?
I attached the file below for your testing

Sham .
Attachments
leap(sham).zip
(89.31 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
sherrell

Re: If you change a response back to No, the roster table still record it as a case(Memory of yes still remain unchanged

Post by sherrell »

Hi Sham,

FYI, since this is a continuation of your previous post regarding this application, please continue using that thread rather than starting a new post.

I'm not quite following your question, but I don't see anything wrong. Your case is currently partially-saved, which means all off-path data is retained. So, even tho you answered "no" to no additional children from baseline, you will see previously entered data in the second roster until the case is complete. Note however that even though a case is partial, any children listed in the second roster are not appearing in the third roster.

What you do need to do, as I mentioned in my last response, is add logic to terminate the last roster. Otherwise the application will crash. You need to add something like the following:

Code: Select all

PROC SECT3_ID
onfocus
	if visualvalue(Sect3_ID)=notappl then
		errmsg ("Entry finished for current roster") 
				select ("Return to roster", Sec3_FN(1),"Finish Case", continue);
		endgroup;
	endif;
Sherrell
sham

Re: If you change a response back to No, the roster table still record it as a case(Memory of yes still remain unchanged

Post by sham »

Hi Sherrell,
I appreciate your swift response. well because it was a different issue that's why I created a new topic.
Sorry about that.
Is like you didn't get my questions very well.
So maybe let me try attaching some pictures so we the family will benefit.

Explanation of the pictures.

Image1: refers to the Roaster with the screener.(NEW_KIDS) Any children born since baseline if the answer is Yes then you fill the roaster(SEC2B000) else you skip if 2.

Image2: Indicate that the answer is Yes and detail of that child John sham was fill and no one else.

Image3: Indicates the Combine Roaster containing the children from the baseline Data and the new child perfectly arranged in order.
Image4: Indicated a scenario where the the woman mentioned that John was not her biological child and does not even belong to her household and so the need to go back back to the new child roaster and clean John's information and change the screener answer from Yes to now No. And if you answer no it will skip you to Roaster SEC3000.

Image5: Still indicating list of all children from the roster Plus the new child (John) whose information was taking off because he was no longer qualified.... So that is my problem.

So is there any logic, in this case when you go back and answer no at roaster SEC3000 John should disappear?

Thank you Sherrell and Team.

Sham.
Attachments
image3.png
image3.png (51.43 KiB) Viewed 2240 times
Image4.png
Image4.png (24.38 KiB) Viewed 2240 times
image5.png
image5.png (51.56 KiB) Viewed 2240 times
sham

Post by sham »

Remaining Image
Attachments
Image1.png
Image1.png (24.16 KiB) Viewed 2239 times
image2.png
image2.png (25.73 KiB) Viewed 2239 times
sham

Post by sham »

Hi Family.
Still waiting for a response. my concern yet to be address.
Thanks.
Sham.
sham

Post by sham »

Hi Sherrell and Family,
Still waiting patiently for you to address this issues I raised couple of weeks ago about "If you change a response back to No, the roster table still record it as a case(Memory of yes still remain unchanged"
I have attached some visuals to help you understand the problem.
Hoping to hear from you soon.
Trust we all doing well?

Thank you for your time.
Sham.
savy

Post by savy »

You have to clear the values yourself by adding this logic before your logic to add rows for children

Code: Select all

'
  //clear values
    do i=1 while i <= maxocc(SEC3000) 
        if visualvalue(SECT2_CHILD_ID(i)) <> notappl then  
            SECT3_ID(i)         = notappl; 
            HH_CHILD_ID(i)      = notappl;  
            SECT2_CHILD_ID(i)   = notappl;  // clear the line # from the kids roster 
            SEC3_FN (i)         = "";   // clear the first name 
        endif;  
    enddo; 
sham

Post by sham »

Hi @savy,
Waoooo! I thank you soo much for the support.
It is working soo well... Thank you soo much.

May God continue to give you the strength and patience to keep pushing the younger once like some of us to grow well.

Thank you to the family as well.

@savy I tried to get in-touch with you in your private mail but was not able, if you wouldn't mine can you give me that opportunity to link up with you?.
wesiafa11@gmail.com

Will be glad to link up.
Thank you once again!

Sham.
sherrell

Post by sherrell »

Hi Sham,

FYI, Savy, Greg, Aaron and I work at the U.S. Census Bureau. So, we don't really share our personal emails. But you are always welcome to post a message here (where we will all see it, unless we are out of the country for work or away on vacation, sick, etc). Or you can send us a message at the lists (cspro@lists.census.gov), but we prefer here, so that way others can benefit from the problems our users run into.

Thanks for your understanding.
Sherrell