How to Merge/combine 2 Roaster(old children list+New list) table in to one

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
sham

How to Merge/combine 2 Roaster(old children list+New list) table in to one

Post by sham »

Hi Family,

Please I need your support to meet to be able to meet the is deadline.

// Prefill in names in names roster from enumerator data file

numeric numPreloadIndividuals = count(MEMBER_DICT.MEMBER_REC);

do numeric i = 1 while i <= numPreloadIndividuals
if SA1_5(i) = "Child" then
ID_OF_CHILD(i) = PID(i);
CHILD_S_NAME(i) = S1_2(i);
endif;
enddo;
do numeric i = 1 while i <= count(LEAP1000R_DICT.SEC2B);
ID_OF_CHILD(i) = NEW_MEMBER_ID(i);
CHILD_S_NAME(i) = Concat(SEC2BQ2(i),"",SEC2BQ3(i));

enddo;

After testing the logic I realized if in Roaster SECA1 , the number of children listed are 3 and occupying's Curocc() position 3, 4 ,5 and in Roaster If I capture 1 child and maybe the child occupied curocc() position.
So the results in Roaster SEC3. is messing up...The list either override the other and or it create some gabs especially when the new child added it is just 1. You will see in Roaster SEC3. the new child will occupy Row1 and row2 will be vacant and and the old children w also joined starting from row3,4 and 5 respectively..

Please somebody help.

Sham.
I attached the file
Attachments
leap1000R.zip
(118.85 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
etuser

Re: How to Merge/combine 2 Roaster(old children list+New list) table in to one

Post by etuser »

it would be easier if you make the dictionary record SEC1A to contains both SEC2B and SEC3 items i.e copy the items it SEC2B and SEC3 at the end of SEC1A item names and remove both SEC2B and SEc3 from the dictionary then you can separate them while you drag the forms , in other word make three forms but one dictionary ,then no need to populate the names again .
sham

Post by sham »

Hi @etuser thank you soo much,
Will think about that, however, that is what the demand is and form.

AM just thinking about something else, is there a way to create a customary repeated no.(Curocc())? because the new children list have there serial number as 301,302,303,304,305... so instead of 01,02,03,04 as curocc(). so that I will feature it in the syntax.

Am most grateful for your concern
sherrell

Post by sherrell »

Hi Sham,

>Will think about that, however, that is what the demand is and form.

I think you're saying your design is being influenced by the form? If so, it is not uncommon to have the underlying dictionary be a bit different than the questionnaire. People who design forms aren't usually data people, and so how they construct things doesn't always work well when trying to design a dictionary/dataset to describe it.

>AM just thinking about something else, is there a way to create a customary repeated no.(Curocc())?

When you say "customary repeated", do you mean you want to dynamically declare the size of something on the go? For that is not possible for dictionary variables. However, it could be done for program variables. Though I'm not sure why this is necessary.

>because the new children list have there serial number as 301,302,303,304,305... so instead of 01,02,03,04
>as curocc(). so that I will feature it in the syntax.

I'm not understanding why having different serial numbers is a problem, and why it is a problem that impacts the variable declaration, except to have something 2 digit vs. 3 digit.

Thanks,
Sherrell