Converting Cspro application to from new version(7.7) to previous version(7.6) version(

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
sham

Converting Cspro application to from new version(7.7) to previous version(7.6) version(

Post by sham »

Hi Family,
Is there any logic to convert Csenty application that was designed in the new version(7.7) to the previous version(7.6) or vice versa?
So that a machine installed with only version(7.6) that finds its self in a remote area where there is no internet access to download and install the current version(7.7) to be able to have access/open can easily be guided by a 'certain' logic(if any) to be able to use and convert from the new to the old for easy access.
I would be grateful if anyone can help solve this challenge.

Thank you for your wonderful support!! since day1

Sham.
sherrell

Re: Converting Cspro application to from new version(7.7) to previous version(7.6) version(

Post by sherrell »

Applications developed in v7.6 will run in v7.7, no conversion or modification needed.

Applications developed in v7.7 will also run in 7.6...but only after you manually modify most of the development files (.ent, .pff, .fmf, .qsf, and .dcf) to change references to v7.7 to 7.6 and then load & compile it in CSPro 7.6 to create the 7.6 .pen & .pff versions. (csdb files created in 7.7 can be read by 7.6).

However, if someone doesn't have access to the internet to download 7.7, how will they install the 7.6 CSEntry application you wish them to use? If not from the internet, will it be on a flash drive? If so, then the installation file for CSPro.exe/CSEntry.apk could likewise be placed on the flash drive. Or am I missing something?

Sherrell
sham

Re: Converting Cspro application to from new version(7.7) to previous version(7.6) version(

Post by sham »

Hi Sherrell,
Am most grateful for your response.
You said I will change most of the things i.e in ent,pff etc. how do I do that. Any example for more clarity.?
Also, the issue about no internet access. The person before moving to the filed, have in his machine the version 7.6, so we visited them on the field and unfortunately none us came with the the version 7.7 and in the village2 no sign of network at all and he has to work.

So if you can further break down how to change those fileS IN V7.7 to be compatible WITH V7.6 i WILL BE GRATIFUL.

Thank you.
sham
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

Open the files in a text editor (like Notepad) and at the top you'll see things like this:
[Dictionary]
Version=CSPro 7.7
Change 7.7 to 7.6. That will trick CSPro and it won't complain about being unable to read the files. However, do this at your risk. As Sherrell mentioned, the best option is to install CSPro 7.7 on the machine.
sham

Post by sham »

Thank you very much am most grateful and well noted about the risky part.

sham