Auto appear sample

Discussions about CSEntry
CMH

Auto appear sample

Post by CMH »

Hello Experts.
I need your help.
I am developing CSPro data entry application for a CAPI based household survey. I am good enough in developing simple CAPI applications in CSPro, but I need to conduct this survey in a controlled manners, and I lacks in that level of skill. There are more than 5,000 households from around one hundred villages in eight districts. Each village have 3-4 distinct categories of households that also predefined. On average, one village has subsample of fifty households to be covered by team of 04 enumerators in 3-4 days. I need experts' help for the followings:

1. There would be around fifteen pre-selected enumerators’ team. Each team will be managed in the field by a supervisor. Enumerators’ name respective to their team composition and supervisor should be pre-entered in CAPI application. How to add it?
2. All the sampled households respective to their identification attributes like district, village, household category, respondent name, etc. should pre-entered in the CAPI. How to add?
3. For each village, supervisor will assign the daily target to enumerators in the field through tablet computers. How to add such function in CAPI application?
4. Enumerator just enter or select pre-defined 4-digit household ID and then rest of the information like district, village name, household category, respondent name, etc should be auto appear. Enumerator will just double check the information appeared and available at assignment sheet provided to him/her as hard copy. How to make it possible?

Looking forward for your support.
sherrell

Re: Auto appear sample

Post by sherrell »

Hi CMH,

Have you looked at the CAPI example that comes installed with CSPro? It can be found here:

%userprofile%\Documents\CSPro\Examples 7.7\1 - Data Entry\CAPI Census

I'm not sure how your staff and location codes are stored, but if they're in Excel (or can be easily saved as an Excel file), then you could use the CSPro to Excel Tool to create the lookup/reference .csdb (or .dat) files you'll need.

Generally you'll use the menu application to figure out who the enumerator is and what they want to do (add a case, edit a case, etc), and choose the area they're going to work in, then pass that information in through the PFF.

Sherrell
CMH

Post by CMH »

Hi Sherrell,
Thank you very much. It’s helpful.
Following your suggestion, i have done with my points 1, 2 and 4. Thanks.
For point 3 i.e., supervisor assign daily target to enumerator in the field using tablet computers, i am yet struggling. I think for that you suggested menu application. Hope i will learn soon. Meanwhile, appreciated if you or someone else can share something specific as guideline for how to establish menu application system.
thanks
sherrell

Post by sherrell »

Hi again,

Sorry for the delay. Did you see the menu application (menu.ent) in the

%userprofile%\Documents\CSPro\Examples 7.7\1 - Data Entry\CAPI Census\menu

folder? For that shows how a supervisor can make assignments to a user, and send it to them via bluetooth.

Sherrell
CMH

Post by CMH »

Thanks you very much. I tried little bit but i think i need to try again in detail. Hope, i will be succeeded.