Controlling number of occurrences in a roster

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
simono101

Controlling number of occurrences in a roster

Post by simono101 »

Dear all,
I am quite new to CS Pro. I have defined my data dictionary, with two levels. A level for households and a second level for persons within that household.

1) Household (ID items are District id, Village id, Household id)
- 2) Household members (ID item is Member id)

I would like to make a roster for the members of the household. My question is, how do I tell CS Pro how many occurences are required in the roster (and therefore how many occurrences are required for all subsequent forms). Also I would like to attach the ID item for each household member to the roster, but since an ID item may only occur once when I drag it to the roster on the form it appears as a seperate item. I would like my roster to look like the attached pdf, with some way to tell CS Pro how many members there are in the household. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks,

Simon
Attachments
Household Roster.pdf
(76.32 KiB) Downloaded 676 times
khurshid.arshad

Re: Controlling number of occurrences in a roster

Post by khurshid.arshad »

Dear

Please see attached link for CSPro data entry software.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSB29rrrbBw

arshad
Gregory Martin

Re: Controlling number of occurrences in a roster

Post by Gregory Martin »

Simon,

Very few surveys require the use of two levels. There is a distinction in CSPro between levels and records. For your survey, you will want to add a record to your dictionary and specify that it repeats 24 times (or whatever number you think is the maximum number of people that will be in the household).

http://csprousers.org/help/html/maximum_number.htm

Once you add that record, you can add all the items to the record (name, sex, age, etc.).

See the attached application for an example application (I added only a few items from your roster to the population record).
Attachments
simon.zip
(2.32 KiB) Downloaded 636 times