E 10008 Required Record or Group not found

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
mosbi

E 10008 Required Record or Group not found

Post by mosbi »

Hello TML,
I have been having issues with my CSDB file for some time.
I was doing my data collection and at the same time I was updating the variables. there are variables that I deleted, and others that I changed position.
At some point, I noticed that I could no longer sync(Upload) my data to the server. and at the same time I notice that if I download the CSDB file which is on the server and I try to export the data with DATAVIEWER, the summary of the operation shows me the following errors for all my boxes:

Code: Select all

Case [PROM08523070141632393818] has 1 message (1 E / 0 W / 0 U)
    E 10008 Required Record or Group INFORMATION_DIVERS_REC not found
So I'm lost and I don't know what to do?
I think the error is telling me that it can't find the INFORMATION_DIVERS_REC record. yet the record is there in the CSDB file and in the dictionary.
I also looked in the tree structure of the CSDB file with DB Browser for SQLite and I see that the record is there.
Attached is:
- my CSDB file and the dictionary in question,
- screenshots of my data export procedure contained in the CSDB file

Thanks for your help.
Attachments
Screenshots of my data export procedure contained in the CSDB file.pdf
(360.64 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
Csdb.zip
(1.31 MiB) Downloaded 81 times
sherrell

Re: E 10008 Required Record or Group not found

Post by sherrell »

Hi Mosbi,

Once your data collection is underway, you should use extreme caution when modifying any associated dictionaries, especially the primary dictionary being used for collection. It also depends on what type of data file you are using. If you are using:
  • Text files (.dat): you can NOT change anything in the dictionary with regard to position or variable length, as this will corrupt your data for those fields. If you delete a variable, you can only do so if absolute positioning has been chosen for your datafile layout, in order to not corrupt all data fields that follow the deleted variable. You CAN rename records or dictionary items.
  • CSDB: is a little bit looser, since it's a database rather than a fixed text file. Therefore, you can add or remove variables, change variable field widths (lengths), etc., and it shouldn't be a problem. You can not, however, rename records or dictionary items.
For either type of data file, you can always add or modify valuesets to clarify ranges.

>I think the error is telling me that it can't find the INFORMATION_DIVERS_REC record.
>yet the record is there in the CSDB file and in the dictionary.

I'm not sure what changes you made (did you change the record identifier for the INFORMATION_DIVERS_REC or other record?), but as you are finding out, while DataViewer has some traces of it, the record is no longer there. Doing a spot check of several cases, I see an empty record for each...none actually has data.

There's not much we can do for you. If you need to make modifications to a survey/census that's underway, you should consider it a new application and redeploy it with the "new" (updated) dictionary.

Sherrell