using operator controlled and system controlled mode

Discussions about CSEntry
vanndy

using operator controlled and system controlled mode

Post by vanndy »

Hello,
I have a problem when using operator controlled and system controlled mode.

In operator controlled mode I noted that the fields that are skipped turn yellow, and the user can use mouse click on the skipped fields.
In system controlled mode I noted that the fields that are skipped indicates that are disable, so the user cannot click on the skipped fields. Thus, I want to choose system controlled mode to prevent from user clicking for the skipped fields. But there still shows the warning message for other numeric fields(not the skipped fields) that can be not applicable. How can I avoid this warning message happening while I'm entering? and if I use operator controlled mode how can we avoid from users use mouse click on the skipped fields? Please help me to find any better solutions.

Thank you,

Vanndy
Gregory Martin

Re: using operator controlled and system controlled mode

Post by Gregory Martin »

Operator-controlled mode is designed to give keyers a lot of control, so it is quite challenging to stop the keyers from being allowed to click on a field. You can do this using logic by adding an onfocus event, but you would have to do this for every field you want to block, and that would be cumbersome.

If you want to control your keyers, it is better to use system-controlled mode. If you want to allow blank values in system-controlled mode, see the help here:

http://www.csprousers.org/help/html/set ... tement.htm
set behavior(FIELD_NAME) canenter(notappl) on (noconfirm); // allow blanks for only this field
set behavior(DICTIONARY_NAME) canenter(notappl) on (noconfirm); // allow blanks for every field in the dictionary
In operator-controlled mode, CSEntry allows keyers to enter blanks if the above logic is executed, or if notappl is in the item's value set.
marialange

Post by marialange »

Hello,
If you are using on system operator controlled mode, you could put in the field do not want to enter data in preproc to make jump to the field if you want or do not put the field in the loading screen.
regards,
Maria
vanndy

Post by vanndy »

Many thanks. :)

Vanndy