Roster Limit

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
nanayaa

Roster Limit

Post by nanayaa »

Hi
I would like to know if there is limit to the number of columns that a Roster can have? If there is none, why would a roster freeze?

Yaw
sherrell

Re: Roster Limit

Post by sherrell »

Hi Yaw,

There is no real limit on the # of items in a roster; that said, having a large number (say 100+) can cause performance issues on the display. Is it happening on an Android, a Windows device, or both? Does the freeze always occur at the same place in your program? If so, that would more likely indicate a logic error than a CSPro bug.

If you think it's a bug, please zip your application using "Pack Application" in the Tools menu, along with a test datafile and instructions on how to replicate the error, and post it here. If you would prefer not to post it publicly, you can email it to us at cspro@lists.census.gov.

Thanks,
Sherrell
nanayaa

Post by nanayaa »

Dear Sherrell,
Thank you very much for your quick response. It is happening on Windows laptop.

I am not too sure at the moment whether it is happening at the same place or not so let me get more information about that first. At least I am happy to learn that from 100 columns it might cause some delays.

Yaw
sherrell

Post by sherrell »

Hi Yaw,

Having a 40 or 50+ column roster is large to me. You lose track of the Qs being asked, which is part of the benefit of having the roster. You hopefully know, but CSPro does allow you to split up a repeating record into multiple rosters, they don't all have to go into a single one.

Keep us posted if you think it's a bug.

Sherrell