GPS for Area(Field) measurement

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
Leonard

GPS for Area(Field) measurement

Post by Leonard »

Hello Team
Anyone to assist with cspro code to measure field area in farming areas and plots, Need the cspro to calculate area using GPS or any accuracy tool which i can use. Wanted a drawing of a field after an enumerator go round the field area and the area of such plot to be shown on a certain variable.

Last time we used a third part free application which proved to be less efficient.

Thank you
aaronw

Re: GPS for Area(Field) measurement

Post by aaronw »

CSPro 77 (which be released soon) includes a method to trace or walk a piece of geometry. Then an area method is provided to calculate the area of the geometry. If you need to get started on it asap, I can send you an alpha version if you email cspro@lists.census.gov.
Eskender Tesfaye

Re: GPS for Area(Field) measurement

Post by Eskender Tesfaye »

Leonard wrote: November 17th, 2021, 6:20 am Hello Team
Anyone to assist with cspro code to measure field area in farming areas and plots, Need the cspro to calculate area using GPS or any accuracy tool which i can use. Wanted a drawing of a field after an enumerator go round the field area and the area of such plot to be shown on a certain variable.

Last time we used a third part free application which proved to be less efficient.

Thank you