Change language in CSPro entry form

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
vanndy

Change language in CSPro entry form

Post by vanndy »

Hello,
I have a question related to CSPro entry form.
how can I change into my country language (Cambodian language), while label I can do so.
ex: when I type a name of person in the box ( I already changed the font name to my language), It only shows the questions mark in the box. Does CSPro have any tools to do so?

Thanks,

Vanndy
Gregory Martin

Re: Change language in CSPro entry form

Post by Gregory Martin »

You should use the new version of CSPro, version 5, which supports Unicode. That will allow you to type Khmer characters into alpha fields. Before it is officially released next month, you can get it here:

http://www.csprousers.org/beta/

Post by Guest »

Many thanks. After I tested it, It shows that there still has some problems with khmer vowel. It shows khmer constant and vowel stay in different. It's something like this: ស​ាល​ារ​ៀន​្​ព ្

Please guide me.

Best regards,

Vanndy

Post by Guest »

Hi,

This was very helpful. Now I can enter Khmer characters in my data entry.

I have a follow up question, is there a way where I can only select one or 2 items/variables to use Khmer font? I only need to enter Khmer characters for names but the rest of my database I want to use English characters. And does anyone know when the CSPro version 5 will be released?

Thanks.

Psyche (Cambodia)
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

CSPro 5 should be released sometime in July.

If you use Unicode, you shouldn't have to worry about mixing English and Khmer. You won't have to change the font for your form, you can keep it at the default of Arial. When the user changes the keyboard to enter Khmer characters, CSEntry should display them correctly, just as it would display correctly English characters that are entered.

What you'll want to do, for the fields where you want Khmer, like a name or address field, is to change the data capture type for the field to remove tickmarks. That should display the alpha fields in a much better format.
Attachments
tickmarks.PNG
tickmarks.PNG (18.96 KiB) Viewed 6604 times
vanndy

Post by vanndy »

Thank you so much. Now It works much better.

Vanndy