Create PFF file to Force Data Entry ID without persistent ID properties

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
manishcspro

Create PFF file to Force Data Entry ID without persistent ID properties

Post by manishcspro »

I have created a data entry application to collect monthly data from April to March in each financial year.
I have created an another menu application to collect the data entry for a specific month which is not previously entered.
I have created a .pff file with DataEntryIDs parameter with persistent ID properties.
In the menu program the Id item are prefilled when the selected month is already present in data, but when a new month is selected then ID items does not fills due to persistent ID properties.
Is there any method to force the application to prefill the ID item for the new month or new cases too.
Please guide me for the above solution..
sherrell

Re: Create PFF file to Force Data Entry ID without persistent ID properties

Post by sherrell »

Hi Manish,

Persistent fields are generally not used/needed except in special cases. I'm not sure why you're using that if you're choosing the desired values in your menu app. You should just make the fields protected, as you don't want the operator trying to modify the values you're passing in. And of course make sure the values get assigned in the preproc or onfocus field for the protected IDs, or CSPro will crash.

Sherrell
manishcspro

Re: Create PFF file to Force Data Entry ID without persistent ID properties

Post by manishcspro »

Thanks a lot...