onstop() in rosters

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
Anne

onstop() in rosters

Post by Anne »

Hi all,
I have an application where I want to force the interviewer to look through/review data entered earlier before starting the new interview, and I suspect that the interviewer does not want to go through this. The easy solution for him is of course to press the stop button to avoid the whole process.

so I want to use the onstop() function to avoid this, and it works perfectly as long as the current field is not in a roster. How do I make the onstop() function work in rosters too?

Anne
marialange

Re: onstop() in rosters

Post by marialange »

One way would be to put the screen into a variable that is not in the roster, but in the same form.
Greetings.
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

I just did a test and OnStop gets executed when I'm in a roster. Are you saying that it isn't called at all for you? That seems like it would be a bug.

Perhaps you can upload your code so we can take a look at it.
Anne

Post by Anne »

Stupid, stupid me!
I took for granted that the unstop() also was trigged when pressing the button with the X on it at the upper left of the window. It does not.

So the onstop() works if I press the stop data entry button - or hit esc, but not with the X button.

But this means that it is not that useful after all, because you can always press the X button to get out of the data entry.

Anne
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

As long as you've modified at least one field in your application, OnStop gets called when you use the X to close out of CSEntry. So once the "file modified" flag is set, OnStop will get called.

Am I right in thinking that your tests clicking on the X were done without entering any data on the form?