Data with two data name

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
etuser

Data with two data name

Post by etuser »

Dear Sir,

Currently I am working with survey using Cspro 7.5 . In the middle of data collection unknowingly I changed the output data name in the PFF file and enumerators end up with two data files the old file name and the new. I know Cspro 7.6 has the concatenate facility on android , but what can do with version 7.5, specially on menu program to resolve this issues?
aaronw

Re: Data with two data name

Post by aaronw »

That was a new feature for 76, so it's not going work for 75. However, you could add an option to the menu to allow a one time synchronization of the old data, then continue synchronizing the new data. All the data will be merged on the server. I would test this on a nonproduction server first to make sure it works as you expect.
etuser

Post by etuser »

Dear Aaronw,

Thank you for your response, I tried that but not able to have all the Enumerators to run the one time sync at once because of availability of internet in the remote area.

I am not sure, but what about

1. Enable manual Synchronization from the "option" menu and updated the menu program to have an option for the enumerator to access the two data file created (the two .pff files where different output data names unknowingly created) and sync the data by press the sync option activated on the tablet .Is this option have any conflict on working both the menu and non-menu sync options side-by-side together ?

2. Upload the original data with SYNCDATA as usual and the the other data with SYNCFILE in the menu program and concatenate them in laptop?
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

You can concatenate the files together using logic: https://www.csprousers.org/help/CSPro/f ... ction.html

You can do this in the menu program. This has been part of CSPro since 7.0 (I believe), so you can definitely do it with CSPro 7.5.
etuser

Post by etuser »

Thank You So much Grg, It is working.