capi text

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
etuser

capi text

Post by etuser »

Dear CSpro team,

I developed a cspro form and generate a CAPI text from dictionary items and works fine. But when i add additional languages to the dictionary , how can i bring the new languages to the CAPI text automatically ? Can you give me how past from the clipboard works, that may answer my question

Many thanks
josh

Re: capi text

Post by josh »

Once you have created the question text for a question, the question text macro to autogenerate the question text from the dictionary labels no longer works for that question to avoid replacing the existing text. However, if you delete the question text for a question and then use the question text macro it will be copy the labels from the dictionary in all the languages that are defined. So if you have not customized the question text since you initialized it with the dictionary labels you could simple close your application, delete the question text file (the one that ends in qsf), reopen the application and run the question text macro to rebuild the question text from the dictionary labels. This will bring the labels from all the languages.

To use the paste question text from clipboard you can create a worksheet in Excel where each row contains the question name followed by the language code (from the languages dialog) followed by the question text. See the attached for an example.
Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 3.29.20 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 3.29.20 PM.png (55.34 KiB) Viewed 1600 times
etuser

Re: capi text

Post by etuser »

My issue is resolved now. Many Thanks Josh.