Unable to verify roster - problem with free movement option?

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
nfantom

Unable to verify roster - problem with free movement option?

Post by nfantom »

Hi

I have a Census CSEntry application with a person roster. When we try and verify, the cursor cannot move between fields using the Enter key or any key - it is essentially stuck on the first field. Is it a problem with free movement of the roster?

Thanks for any help.
josh

Re: Unable to verify roster - problem with free movement option?

Post by josh »

Are you using system control or operator control mode? Is the roster set to free movement? If so does it work if you turn off free movement? If there is any logic in the fields in the roster try removing it and see if that works.
nfantom

Post by nfantom »

Hi Josh

We are in operator-controlled, with free movement. It works if you turn that off, but then of course we don't have free movement - which will slow data entry considerably. I've already deleted all logic in the roster apart from one remnant which checks date of birth against reported age - but I will try deleting all logic.

Thanks!

Neil
josh

Post by josh »

This seems to be a limitation of free movement in verify mode. I can reproduce the problem myself. I think your only option is to turn off free movement in the roster, at least when doing verification.
nfantom

Post by nfantom »

OK, thanks, very helpful to get your quick feedback on this, much appreciated. Deleting all the logic didn't help, as you say.

best, Neil