How to Copy the the previous GPS reading if it is not Persistent .

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
lmoriba

How to Copy the the previous GPS reading if it is not Persistent .

Post by lmoriba »

Dear CSPRO user Community,
I just finished working on a survey which involves taking GPS Coordinates repeatedly. I realized that I could make the unique identifier fields persistent. The GPS coordinates could also be included in the Unique Identifier variable set. But GPS coordinates have decimals whilst a variable in the unique identifier section can't be assigned decimal number. So, I decided to pull the GPS coordinates out the unique identifier section.

Now, I want the previous values in the identifier section plus the GPS coordinate reading to remain there until I change the persistence to record new values. So in effect I want the previously taken GPS coordinate to remain for new cases until I want a new reading to be taken.

I need urgent help as I want to role this survey in the next couple of days.

Thanks, in advance.
NSurvey.rar
(99.08 KiB) Downloaded 142 times
It is the GPS of the Pole, I want to make persistent. Or alternatively the previous reading to remain until I decided to change it.
aaronw

Re: How to Copy the the previous GPS reading if it is not Persistent .

Post by aaronw »

The easiest approach and one that would work without a menu is to make use of savesetting and loadsetting. When you take a GPS reading, store the values locally using savesetting. Then in the next case you can access them through loadcase.

savesetting: https://www.csprousers.org/help/CSPro/s ... ction.html
loadsetting: https://www.csprousers.org/help/CSPro/l ... ction.html
lmoriba

Re: How to Copy the the previous GPS reading if it is not Persistent .

Post by lmoriba »

Thanks ☺️ the issue is now resolved.