Execpff

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
marialange

Execpff

Post by marialange »

In the application Entry charge data which have online consistencies and what i want is for the complete and save (F12) the program call the application BACH to run the same file, and whether it was error or not without the need to go through all the form back. The error that appears, and i think it is because it tries to call the applet Bach without recording is as follows: " Error opening file"
Thanks,
Gregory Martin

Re: Execpff

Post by Gregory Martin »

Maria Teresa,

The problem is that CSEntry "locks" the data file when you are entering data. That means that no other program has access to the file. You can test this by running CSEntry and then trying to make a copy of the data file in Windows Explorer. The error message I get on Windows 7 is this:

"The action can't be completed because the file is open in CSEntry Application. Close the file and try again."

If I were trying to design a system like the one you are interested in, I would create a menu system that launches CSEntry. While entering the data for the questionnaire, you will have two instances of CSEntry open (the menu program and the data entry program). Then after entering the case, the data entry program, which is the CSEntry that locked the data file, would close. Your menu program would then automatically run the batch program. It could read in the listing file from the batch program to determine if there were any errors. If there were errors, the menu program would launch CSEntry again to make the enumerator fix the mistakes.

This requires some tricky coding, but it is one way to solve your problem. Alternatively, you could write all of your checks as a function in your data entry program and call that function to identify if there were any problems.
marialange

Re: Execpff

Post by marialange »

Thank you very much, I'll try to do that and I commented as is ..
Best regards