Partial Save

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0

Partial Save

Post by Guest »

Does the “allow partial save” option under data entry options work independently from the savepartial() function? Can one be used without the other? Can the savepartial() function be used in either mode (add or modify)?

I seem to remember seeing additional documentation about this in an earlier version, but cannot find it in 4.1.
Gregory Martin

Re: Partial Save

Post by Gregory Martin »

Indeed, both "allow partial save" and the savepartial function work independently of each other, though ultimately they do the same thing. You can have the operator control all partial saves, in which can you'll enable them in the data entry options. Or you as the programmer can control the partial saves, in which case you'll use the savepartial function.

Savepartial can be used in both add or modify mode. If you look at a data file's .sts file, you'll see how the partial saves are stored, something like:
[KeyInfo]
Version=CSPro 4.1
[PartialNodes]
Pos=MOD. 6.NATIONALITIES_DICT.VAL5.
This means: entry mode (modify), the key (6), and the field that was last entered (VAL5 on the NATIONALITIES_DICT dictionary). If VAL5 had been an item on a repeating record, the occurrence number would also be part of this line.
vanndy

Post by vanndy »

Hello,

I found something in my data file. I used allow partial save in Data entry option. The complete data show that

case 340
partial 1: 0 %
Add: 0
Modify: 0
Verify: 0
when I view the partial only, it shows nothing. So I cannot find which case that still in partial. If I cannot complete the partial, I still cannot do in verify mode. How can I do for this problem? Please give some advice.
Best regards,

Vanndy
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

You can use Locate Incomplete Cases tool to find what is being marked as a partial case in your data file:

Alternatively, just open the .STS file and see what is listed as partially saved in the file. I believe that in versions of CSPro prior to 5 there was a bug that occurred if you deleted a partial case from your data file. The mention of it wouldn't get removed in the .STS so it appeared that there was a partial case but there actually wasn't one in the file. You can modify the .STS manually to remove the mention of the partial case.
vanndy

Post by vanndy »

I open the .STS file then i delete some text:

[PartialNodes]
Pos=ADD. 6.My_DICT.VAL3.

So It didn't show the message: Case 340
Partial: 1 0%
Add: 0
Modify: 0
Verify: 0
pierrew

Post by pierrew »

Hey Greg,
This question still pertains to Partial Saves and so I didn't want to create a new topic.
Question - How do I remove the prompt that asks the user to navigate to the last question upon opening of a case?

Thanks,
Pierre
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

Pierre,

If you override the OnStop function that prompt won't appear. Look at the helps for more information on OnStop. You can use the getsymbol(savepartial) command to get the name of the last entered field.
pierrew

Post by pierrew »

Thanks bro!
:mrgreen:
ahmad

Post by ahmad »

why partial save option did not working? partial save button is hidden and there is no option to save a partial case.
sherrell

Post by sherrell »

Hi Ahmad,

Have you gone into the CSPro menu item Options > Data Entry, and checked "Allow partial save"? If not, then partial save won't be allowed in your application.

Sherrell