Multilevel application

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
muhaliraza

Multilevel application

Post by muhaliraza »

I have a data entry application with two levels (1) household and (2) individual. Can any one help me in controlling the entry of 2nd level.
Gregory Martin

Re: Multilevel application

Post by Gregory Martin »

We always advise against using multiple level applications unless you definitely have a reason to use them because they are a bit hard to work with. However, if you want to stop entering data on the second level, you typically do this by executing an endlevel command in the preproc of the second level.
muhaliraza

Post by muhaliraza »

Thanks it will work. The control works fine but after the acceptance of individual all node. When i checked into the data there is not entry in 2nd level.
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

If you want you can send your application to cspro@lists.census.gov and we can take a look at what is happening.
muhaliraza

Post by muhaliraza »

I converted the app into 6.3 from 7.5 and in 6.3 the app is working fine. I just email the both version 7.5 and 6.3 application.
muhaliraza

Post by muhaliraza »

Dear Gregory,
Did get any chance to look into the application.
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

The behavior of processing second level nodes did change when moving to CSPro 7.0. I can see if we can get the old behavior back for future versions, but in the meantime you can move this code in PROC WOMEN from the postproc to the preproc:
  xwomen = 0;

do i = 1 until i > TOTAL_PERSONS

if wenter(i) = 2 then

xwomen = xwomen + 1

endif;

enddo;

if xwomen = TOTAL_ELIGIBLE_WOMEN then
    endlevel
  endif
;
Let me know if that doesn't work, but from my testing (on another application), executing endlevel from the level preproc works whereas there are problems if it is executed from the postproc.