Issues changing valueset name with Dictionary macro

Discussions about CSEntry
dmuriel

Issues changing valueset name with Dictionary macro

Post by dmuriel »

Hi to all,

While working with the dictionary macro. I had these observations:

1 - I tried to change some value set names with the dictionary macro but it seems as it is not accepting it (not like with the item name it used to permit). Is there an option I should take to enable it?

2 - still on dictionary macro, when I am "not including " All languages, when pasting valuesets, it keeps only the current language (it erases all languages in the dictionary).

I am using 7.1 and 7.4
aaronw

Re: Issues changing valueset name with Dictionary macro

Post by aaronw »

For the first issue try refreshing the UI after pasting in the value set. For instance, select another dictionary item and then the previous one. For the second issue, I recommend selecting "All Languages." You'll copy all the value sets, but you'll only modify the primary value set. I'll admit that it seems a bit unintuitive. I think the option could be removed and always preserve the value sets. However, there may be a specific use where this is convenient.
dmuriel

Post by dmuriel »

For the first issue, it is not pasting at all when I change the name, it is not considering the Value sets for which the name has been changed. Anyhow, I still refresh the UI. But no change.

For the second issue, I am no more unselecting the option.
aaronw

Post by aaronw »

I see. In an external application you can only change the value set labels and values. You cannot change the names. Instead, make a first pass in CSPro and update the value set names. Then copy and paste them to an external program where you'll only edit labels and values.