Moving to a previous field

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
AriSilva

Moving to a previous field

Post by AriSilva »

Sometimes the move is being rejected, the system says it is not allowed to move to a field that was already skipped.
First of all, maybe the message translation I´ve done is wrong, because it says that I´ve done a SKIP, and the programa does not have any SKIP instruction, am always using the MOVE instead.
Second, I need some flexibility in going back to a previous field in the sequence. The program is not a real data entry, it is a control menu program that organizes the data entry. Most of the times, when some fields were already entered from previous executions, the program goes right to the required field, but sometimes it has to backtrack and ask, for example, for the main menu situation, and this field was skipped (with a MOVE).
Is there an easy way to avoid this message and move freely from one field to the other, no mater the order in which they are in the form?
I thought about doing a first pass to all the fields in the control program, just to "mark" them as used, but, besides that it will give me a lot to proram, I´m not sure it will solve the problem.
Best
Ari
josh

Re: Moving to a previous field

Post by josh »

By default, move does a skip when you are moving forward in the form unless you use "move advance". The basic move command just chooses between skip to move forwards and reenter to move backwards.

I don't know your specific situation but generally in menu programs we have a "control" field at the start of the form which is a field that you reenter and then has logic to skip to the appropriate section of the form. The idea is rather than moving directly from field A to field B you first reenter the control field and then logic in the control field skips to field B.