Prevent more than one selection

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
sosalif

Prevent more than one selection

Post by sosalif »

Hi,
As part of a distribution I want to prevent a person from being called more than once in the application regardless of the location and the tablet. I have the list of partners with unique codes already loaded in the shelves, and there are several distribution sites with 3 tablets on average per site. Is there a solution to this in CsPro?
Thank!
excuse me with my broken english ;)
josh

Re: Prevent more than one selection

Post by josh »

There is no out of the box solution for this in CSPro. It is normally accomplished by creating a lookup file (using an external dictionary) of all the possible households and assigning each household to a particular interviewer. Then in the data entry application you only allow the interviewer to interview households that are assigned to them. You can see an example of this in the labor force survey example in the CSPro examples directory.
htuser

Post by htuser »

Dear Sosalif,
Usualy i implement this using the way that Josh described.

a) I i assign specific AOI for each enumerator and using specific function, add new case is deactivated for enumerator outside of his AOI. So other enumerator can't survey or enumerate outside.

b) I also added a string in the look up list to identify person or household that already enumerated or surveyed, this when the consent part of the questionnaire is filled. Enumerator can always modify or verify this case, but can't add new case for this household or person.

You can also use key such as phone number and/or social security or any national identity number.

Hope this help you.
Last edited by htuser on September 30th, 2020, 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
G.VOLNY, a CSProuser from Haiti, since 2004
sosalif

Post by sosalif »

Thank you for your answers
I think this is an option I can consider. The difficulty with me is that I cannot specify a list by enumerator. It is a distribution of inputs to the peasants and they can go to be served in all the stores belonging to their municipality (4 stores per municipality). I was wondering if it would be possible with CsPro to link, for example, the tablets of the field agents present in each commune so that if a farmer is served in one of the stores that his name no longer appears in the list or that he does not. it is no longer possible to call it again.
Thank you
josh

Post by josh »

If your enumerators are connected to the internet you could use sync to share the list of farmers already served between the different enumerators. You would make an external dictionary with the list of farmers and a yes/no variable indicating whether or not the farmer was already interviewed. When a farmer is interviewed you set the already interviewed to "yes" and use sync to upload the list to the server. Then before starting an interview, other enumerators would download the list using sync and then your program could exclude the farmers that were already interviewed in the list.
sosalif

Post by sosalif »

thanks Josh for the celerity
I think that I will consider the first possibility and see with my superiors if we can orient the farmers by store so that each tablet has the list of the intended beneficiaries.
Thank you
sosalif

Post by sosalif »

Just adding the activity must take place in an environment where the connection is lacking, that's why I think the first solution is better suited