DATA ENTRY APPLICATION WITH A TWO-LEVEL DICTIONARY

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
munirmdee1

DATA ENTRY APPLICATION WITH A TWO-LEVEL DICTIONARY

Post by munirmdee1 »

Hi CSPro Users,

I have a concern here, I will try to explain using Household and Individual as two levels in one dictionary.
Assume the above dictionary, after entering all the Household members in first level, I need to control the number of entry in the second level, I mean I should be able to enter all the individuals from the members list from the first level, then the application should terminate or close after entering the last member/individual from the members list from the first level.

I always use single level dictionary to program this, I mean I create two different dictionaries, Household and Individual. Then I write syntax/logic to load all the members from the Household attached to Individual as an external dictionary.

Is there a possibility to do this in two level dictionary? And be able to control the entry in Individual level as I have explained above?

Thanks in Advance.
Munir Mdee
Software Programmer
National Bureau of Statistic (NBS)
Jakaya Kikwete Road,
P.O.Box 2683,
Dodoma,TANZANIA
Mob: +255 755 740090
Email: munir.mdee@nbs.go.tz
munirmdee@gmail.com
josh

Re: DATA ENTRY APPLICATION WITH A TWO-LEVEL DICTIONARY

Post by josh »

You can do all of that in a single level dictionary with two records: one for household and one for individuals. Take a look at the example that is implemented in the workshop materials https://www.csprousers.org/resources/CS ... rkshop.pdf. In that example we use a record for the household members that is broken up into multiple rosters which lets you list the household members first in one roster and then later ask more detailed questions in a second roster where the size of the second roster is controlled by the first.

You generally only need a two level dictionary when you have something like structure, household and individual where a single questionnaire has multiple structures, a structure has multiple households and a household has multiple individuals. You can see an example of this in the two level example application in the CSPro examples directory.
munirmdee1

Re: DATA ENTRY APPLICATION WITH A TWO-LEVEL DICTIONARY

Post by munirmdee1 »

Thank you Josh
Munir Mdee
Software Programmer
National Bureau of Statistic (NBS)
Jakaya Kikwete Road,
P.O.Box 2683,
Dodoma,TANZANIA
Mob: +255 755 740090
Email: munir.mdee@nbs.go.tz