error opening file

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
AriSilva

error opening file

Post by AriSilva »

Hi folks,
One of my interviewers, after installing cspro7.4 and executing the data entry program, he is getting an error message stating that "error opening file c:\users\samsung\appdata\local\temp\csp88E7.tmp for writing".
And the programa does not execute, does not create the csdb file. Later it says that "it was not possible to open the source file..._DICT: invalid file format. dictionary is blank".
This is happening in just one of the interviewers, the others (74) are doing fine.
The thing that I do not understand is that he was already working for us using the same computer, and in the training sessions the program was behaving fine (that´s what he says).
Best
Ari
AriSilva

Re: error opening file

Post by AriSilva »

Follows the file that "supposedly" should be the database.
When double-clicking it asks for the proper dictionary, (it should not), and when browsing for the dict, it says "invalid file format. Dictionary is blank".
Best
Ari
AriSilva

Post by AriSilva »

Sorry, forgot yo attach it
Attachments
COVID_ELSI3_10_Entrevista.rar
(6.31 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
Best
Ari
josh

Post by josh »

Somehow the file got corrupted. Perhaps the application crashed, was killed by the user or power was shut off while the file was being written. If I open it using SQLite however, I see plenty of data. The embedded dictionary is missing. We add that back in then you should be able to open it in CSPro again. You can do this opening the dictionary file in notepad, copying the contents and then opening the csdb file in a SQL lite editor and pasting the contents of the dictionary into the dictionary into the dictionary column of the meta table. If you are not able to do that send me the dictionary and I'll do it for you.
AriSilva

Post by AriSilva »

Thanks, Josh,
We´ll do that as you said.
The problema is that we´ve tried to delete everything, reinstall cspro and the error stayed.
Should we have to delete this temp file also?
Best
Ari
josh

Post by josh »

Maybe there is a problem with the Windows setup and the user account doesn't have permission to write to the temp directory. Definitely delete that temp file. If you get the error again then it sounds like a permissions problem. Either that or the machine is out of disk space on the C drive.