Modification in prefilled data fields

Discussions about CSEntry
Qureshi

Modification in prefilled data fields

Post by Qureshi »

Dear Team,

Actually I have to use baseline data of households to prefill information for a survey to identify the households, but at the time of survey some information may change for example "The existing family moved to some other place and now another family is residing in the household" thus the following information need to be replaced with existing baseline information:

name of household head
identity card number
members in household
contact number etc.

If I replace the above information and re-open the case for some reason the loadcase() prefills information again from the baseline. so please help how I keep the replaced information intact so that it may not change on re-opening of the case. I mean how I restrict loadcase() to not change the new replaced information.
josh

Re: Modification in prefilled data fields

Post by josh »

This is usually accomplished by copying the data from the external dictionary into the main dictionary after the call to loadcase to save it in you main data file. You can then use logic to only copy the data from the external file if the data has NOT already been copied. This way if the data has been modified in the main data file then you don't overwrite it.
Qureshi

Post by Qureshi »

Dear Sir

Can you please give some example.
Last edited by Qureshi on September 24th, 2020, 6:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
josh

Post by josh »

Unfortunately I don't have an example of this. Maybe someone else on the forum does.
jiofack

Post by jiofack »

Hi,

You can use the following for numeric

PROC MY_ITEM
preproc
if visualvalue(MY_ITEM) = notappl then
//you load
endif;