Remove dropbox credentials

Discussions about CSEntry
Mariovaisman

Remove dropbox credentials

Post by Mariovaisman »

Hi.

THere is an application that can work in android and in windows. All is working fine, however I have a question related to the transmission using dropbox. In andriod I know how to remove the dropbox credentials in case I need to change the dropbox account. How I can remove it in a windows device that doesn't have dropbox installed.

Thanks
aaronw

Re: Remove dropbox credentials

Post by aaronw »

In CSPro 7.4 you can do this with the Clear Credentials option:
  • Android - Menu > Settings > Clear Credentials
  • Windows - File > CSPro Settings > Clear Credentials
In previous versions you'll need to follow the directions on page 12 and 13 of this document: https://www.csprousers.org/resources/Si ... ropbox.pdf
Mariovaisman

Post by Mariovaisman »

Hello again,

Thanks for the instructions, however I have problems to come back to my account again. I removed the credentials, then when transmitted, I selected a different account and it was working fine. No I tried to come back to my account that I hae installed in my computer, and when I selected my account it gave me an error and didn't permet to select my account again. The intersesting situation is after this error, CSPro continues with that account that I had before, like I didn't remove the credentials.

How I can return to my own dropbox account that I have and also I have installed dropbox in my computer

Thanks

Mario
josh

Post by josh »

The credentials are saved using Windows Credential Manager. You can open that from Control Panel->User Accounts->Credential Manager or just type credential manager at the Windows start menu. In Credential Manager under "Windows Credentials" you will see an entry for CSPro_sync_Dropbox. If you delete that it will ask you to login again.

Note that as of CSPro 7.4 when you use DataViewer to sync/download data there are two Dropbox options: Dropbox (online) and Dropbox Folder on this computer. Dropbox online will used the saved credentials. Dropbox Folder ignores the saved account and just uses the files that are on your computer.