Restart the Menu application with parameters

Discussions about CSEntry
Boni

Restart the Menu application with parameters

Post by Boni »

Hello everybody !!

CSPro offers me the possibility of starting another application (household data collection app for example) from Menu with the parameters and restart the Menu at the closing of this application. I would like to know if it is possible that the menu is also restarted with some parameters.

In fact, I am inserting User name and pass Word into the Menu programm to control access to my system. There are also preliminary informations to insert before accessing the different options of the menu. I have several programs that restart the menu after execution, then I would not want to tire the interviewers with the pass Word, User Name and Others, to enter every two minutes, so I would like to put logics so that all this preliminary information is automatically charged to the restart of the Menu

Dear All !! Can I do it?

Thanks!!!
Sincerely yours !
Gregory Martin

Re: Restart the Menu application with parameters

Post by Gregory Martin »

The easiest way for you to do this is with the loadsetting/savesetting functions:

https://www.csprousers.org/help/CSPro/l ... ction.html

You can save the username and other details to a shared settings area and then retrieve them when you open the menu program. Sometimes people store the time of the login and then force the user to reenter their username/password every day or every week.
josh

Post by josh »

Voir la page 108 ici pour un exemple: https://www.csprousers.org/resources/Fr ... rkshop.pdf
Boni

Post by Boni »

Thank you dear Grégory, Thank you dear Josh!
I was using an external file to store the preliminary informations once it is entered, to avoid the interviewer having to enter the same informations each time, but this method would not allow to handle the case of passwords, since they are recalled, displayed a second time (after being entered the first time) and accessibles to anyone takes my tablet. With this méthode of loadsetting / savesetting functions, it's much more efficient. And the example Josh gave me is a perfect match for what I was looking for, it's very interesting.

Infiniment merci, Cher Josh pour le fichier, vous me l'avez déjà envoyé il y a quelques mois, il est très utile, j'ai aimé. :D
Sincerely yours !